Stay Safe While Working Hard
When working with forklifts, the only thing more important than staying productive is staying safe. Here are some important reminders when working with forklifts.
- Ensure the pressure relief valve on propane cylinders is secure and pointing away from the locating pin prior to operation.
- Always wear a seatbelt while operating a forklift.
- Stop the forklift before raising or lowering the forks.
- Maintain a safe distance from the edge of ramps to prevent dangerous tip-over. When descending a ramp with a loaded forklift, always travel in reverse with the forklift and payload pointed up the grade
- When traveling up a ramp with an unloaded forklift, always keep the forks pointed downgrade.
- Slow down and sound the horn when approaching areas where your visibility is blocked.
- Follow safety procedures when finished with a job: Lower the forks and set the controls to neutral.
- Close service valves on cylinders when they are not in use.
- Properly store cylinders in their secure rack.